Galloway Ridge Retirement Community will host the first ever Goat Parade, a public art installation and tour, to benefit the Robert and Pearl Seymour Center (Chapel Hill) and the Chatham County Council on Aging (Pittsboro). Extraordinary local artists will paint the life-size goat statues, which will be auctioned off during a gala on Friday, November 14, 2014.
The Goat Parade Committee is uniting artists, sponsors, merchants, businesses, arts educators, governmental bodies and social groups for the common goal of enhancing local communities and to raise awareness and funds for local seniors. Partnerships will be made with public, private and civic entities to celebrate the bond between Chatham and Orange Counties.
Local business will benefit from this public art event through increased traffic and artists will gain exposure through the public display of their artwork. All businesses, organizations and individuals are invited to participate in this unique experience.
Schedule of events:
• Monday, August 4 – Monday, September 15: Goats painted by artists; previous Rose’s location inside University Mall. Open to the public.
- Sunday, October 5: Unveiling of the “glamour goats” at Festifall; Franklin Street, downtown Chapel Hill.
- Monday, October 6 – Thursday, October 23: Painted goats will be placed in 10 locations throughout Chapel Hill.
- Thursday, October 23 – Thursday, November 13: Painted goats will be placed in 10 locations throughout Pittsboro.
- Friday, November 14: Goat Parade Gala; Galloway Ridge, Pittsboro. Live and silent auctions, music and dancing.For more information, contact Pat Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-642-6893 or Kathie Reeves, publicity subcommittee chair for the Goats on Parade Committee at 919-619-7260.
About Galloway Ridge
Galloway Ridge is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located just eight miles south of Chapel Hill in Pittsboro, North Carolina. Galloway Ridge is a remarkable choice for inspiring, satisfying senior living. Located in Fearrington Village, Galloway Ridge has all the features, amenities and security one could want. Visit Galloway Ridge online at www.GallowayRidge.com.
Location : Pittsboro, NC
Contact Information : Pat Richardson, Director of Community Relations, Galloway Ridge, 919-642-6893