Children with parents entering retirement are often worried – and the worry runs even deeper when the parents and children are separated by a long distance. The worries are not minor and they pile up like a load of bricks:
• Is mom taking her meds? In the right dosage at the right time?
• Is Dad getting out of the house and socializing with others?
• Mom can read small print, is she eating expired food?
• If Dad falls, no one will know.
• Is Mom paying her bills?
• Is Mom safe from intruders and scammers?
• Dad likes to putter in the garage, but if he has an accident, no one is there to help.
Yes, the adult children have lives, families and households of their own, but Mom and Dad’s safety and well-being is constantly on their minds.
One solution for many families – Mom, Dad and their children – is for retirees to move to a retirement community. A structured plan where residents get the help they need as their needs increase takes worry away. Someone is always close, facilities, activities and health care is just a short walk away and also important, friends are right there, too. Meals, home maintenance and housekeeping chores are eliminated. No one has to worry that the mildew in the shower is taking over or the gutters are full and creating leaks in the house.
Everyone is more comfortable and feels safe, secure and content.
If you and your parents are in the place of finding the best solution for a quality retirement, come and talk to the staff at Galloway Ridge. A moderate climate, caring staff, professional caregivers, chefs and healthcare providers makes this retirement community a special place for the most brilliant golden years.