Galloway Ridge Retirement Community invites you to become involved in the 1st Annual Galloway Ridge 5K walk/run benefiting Alzheimer’s North Carolina, Inc. The race will be held on September 28 at Galloway Ridge at Fearrington. Click to register online. Registration is $25 before August 28, $30 thereafter. The first 30 registrants will receive a $10 off coupon for Fleet Feet in Carrboro!
The USATF certified course makes its way from Galloway Ridge Retirement Community through Fearrington Village. Registration begins at 8:00 am, the race starts at 9:00. An awards ceremony will be after the race.
All funds raised from the run STAY in North Carolina to support, educate and improve the lives of those affected by Alzheimer’s disease in our local communities. Corporate sponsorship is welcome!
About Alzheimer’s disease:
- Alzheimer’s disease is a disorder that causes the gradual loss of brain cells and is the leading cause of dementia.
- Over 140,000 people in North Carolina are affected by Alzheimer’s and these numbers are expected to rise to over 300,000 by the year 2030.
- Alzheimer’s disease currently affects almost 5.4 million Americans.
- Over 70% of persons with Alzheimer’s disease are cared for at home or in the community by family members and friends.
- Nearly 50% of Americans over 85 have Alzheimer’s disease.
- 200 billion is the estimated cost to the United States.
- Is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- One in 8 Americans will develop Alzheimer’s disease.