Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. – Robert Browning
When you have reached those golden years, your life is full of possibilities. Many retired people stop and take inventory of their time and their lifestyle to assess how they can remain vibrant and engaged. You should give thought to continuing to set goals for travel, philanthropy, family time, and any other interests you would like to pursue, but you should also plan for a positive living arrangement. You may have been thinking about downsizing, and independent living in Chapel Hill could be the right solution for you. These ten smart reasons may convince you that independent living is a great option to improve your quality of life.
- As part of a retirement community, you can decide what and when you want to do something. You can remain autonomous and exercise your free will, but you also have a safety net if you need it.
- Seniors may be targeted by scammers and others who try to take advantage of their vulnerability. In an independent living community, you have access to an alert system and overall security to keep predators at bay. You are able to come and go without concern knowing that someone is keeping a watchful eye for the safety of all the residents.
- Healthy, well-balanced, and delicious meals are prepared and served for your convenience. Independent living in Chapel Hill can offer you communal dining as often as you would like, but you also can prepare your own meals in your living area if you prefer.
- Most retirement or continuum-of-care communities have transportation services available. You may opt to go along for cultural and shopping trips, but you can also arrange for transport to and from appointments. If you have your own vehicle, you may park on-site and come and go as you please. Either way, you can have a ride when you need it.
- Nobody is a stranger for long in an independent living community. You have the opportunity to make new friends and connect over shared interests, volunteering, or other occasions. At a time when many seniors may grow isolated, you can form new relationships to enrich your life.
- Your adult children may be concerned about your living all alone, and their apprehension can clash with your determination, leading to a strained relationship. If you are in independent living in Chapel Hill, you may be able to appease your family’s worries because they know you have support and assistance as needed in your community.
- You can stay physically active and even try new forms of exercise in most retirement communities. You may have many choices to get up and moving, which can only booster your mental and physical health. With an on-site gym, classes, and walking paths, you can keep on moving.
- Imagine having a staff to handle all sorts of property maintenance and repairs for you. You can enjoy the lack of yardwork or costly home upkeep because your community handles all of it for you.
- You may not have enough hours in the day for all of the things you want to do or try. Whatever your passion, you can continue to experience and explore it at your independent living community. Frequent activities and outings are planned so there is something to do for everyone to keep boredom at bay.
- If you want to be alone, you can. If you prefer to be part of a group, you absolutely can. When you live in a retirement or continuum-of-care community, you always have choices. You may form connections with your peers as well as staff members which can become a strong support system as you enter a new stage in your life.
Get to Know Us
Galloway Ridge offers premier independent living in Chapel Hill. We have an incredible community of involved citizens who are always on the go. We would love to meet you and talk about your options. Please contact us to learn more about our living arrangements or to take a tour.